JOB OPPORTUNITY: Executive Director
We are seeking candidates to become Executive Director of this Christian faith-based organization, currently a part-time position with opportunity to grow. The Executive Director is responsible for pursuing the mission, overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic planning of Compass IFC. Other key duties include fundraising, financial management, event planning, networking, recruitment, staff oversight, curriculum development and assessment. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
Starting salary and hours: $1,000/month, approximately 10 to 12 flexible hours per week.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A BA or BS in an appropriate field
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and implementation, task facilitation, and problem solving
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking ability
- Ability to interface and engage diverse groups, including board, staff, volunteers, donors, and program participants
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Financial skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- TESOL credentials and/or experience
- Knowledge of a second language / experience living in other cultures
- Three or more years of nonprofit management experience
- Experience in leading the process of ongoing strategic planning and ability to convey plans to stakeholders
This position will expand alongside the growing organization, allowing for additional hours and compensation over time. As the Executive Director of Compass, you will be serving within a diverse and warm community of leaders, volunteers, and participants. If you are interested in using your skills to make a global impact within Northwest Indiana, please consider applying for this unique job opportunity.
Send your cover letter and resume to Lucy Hrivnak, Board Chair: [email protected].
References will be requested if you are selected as a finalist.
Closing date for applications is May 8, 2020.